To reach a D- you need to include:
- A Gloat Sheet
- Working Tags: < div>, < p>, < span>, < style>
- Inline CSS.
- Head section CSS.
- At least one anchor with return to top.
- Three types of color calls.
To reach the C-, all previous requirements plus:
- CSS: Margin, Padding, Border, background color.
- an inline link to a commercial web site.
- A framed image.
- Tags: < script>, < container>
- Continuity: The web site is to make sense.
To reach the B-, all previous requirements plus:
- Tags: < script>, < table>
- a button that links to a commercial web site.
- Color coordinated.
- A useful alert box.
- A prompt for numbers, show a calculation of said numbers. (Java Script).
- CSS: Class, ID, Semantic tag, Float.
- a link to and from another web page within your project.
- Separate page for CSS that address CSS in all pages of your site.
- All features are to be directly related to your web site nut just an examples of such.
To reach the A, all previous requirements plus:
- Make me sit back and say “wow”.
If you do not have all of the elements from the previous level working then you will not receive higher level points. Specify, in your gloat sheet, the approximate line number that you use for each element.
Do not figure that doing many repeats of the same action will improve your grade. A link to one page and back is the same as links to many pages and back. However, this does not mean to stop at two pages and do the minimum. Just don’t work on 20 pages thinking that it will make any difference.
Note the progression of available points. They increase until “Project Update D” then decrease weekly. This means that if you start your project late then you will loose points. If you hand in the project only on the final due date than you will receive less that 100 points for all of your efforts.
You can gain hundreds of points for a good project. This means that if you have a D after the Mid Term, you can actually achieve a B for the course with an excellent project. If you have an A at midterm then you have to keep up your effort and turn a great project just to maintain that A.