Please note: This is the default location to which you will be sent should you encounter a broken link. If you intended to see something other than what is here then go to the bottom of this page for an explanation.
All of my courses have seven components:
- This web site which explains the course policies and the assignments.
- Moodle where your grades are reported and your assignments are submitted.
- The Moodle forum where you can ask questions, get answers, and generate conversation 24/7.
- In-Class Work where we will explore and build major projects that will be handed in through Moodle after every class.
- Weekly Questions as thought-provoking and research-based concepts found, and handed in, through Moodle. Hand in a mental download during class and your refined versions before midterm. One each week for the first 6 weeks of the course.
- Homework and Moodle worksheets due weekly from the book and handed in through Moodle.
- A term project to be done in class, and as homework,during the second half of the course.
Links to help understand the course:
How to Buy the book cheap! It maybe a bit late to do this by now. The original message was sent out a month ago and I hope you took advantage of the suggestion already.
Before the first day of class Get an early start.
The General Syllabus: policies, descriptions, and grading policy.
Short Syllabus Homework, Classwork, and the worksheet.
How to Survive this course. This philosophy and practice will help you in all of your other courses as well.
Download the VB Software for your home PC. May soon be available for MAC.
DO NOT WAIT until the next class to report something. It is a waste time and you will have to compete with other students for my time especially at the beginning of class.
Last but not least: Report Problems, don’t just live with them. This goes especially for computer issues in class or anywhere on campus. Report anything is not working as expected: mouse missing, computer not booting, system going into reset, screen problems, missing or malfunctioning software, ANYTHING.
The wonderful people in the IT department will usually get it repaired or replaced within 24 hours but they won’t know to fix it unless someone reports it. When reporting to me, please spell out what is happening (or not happening) and tell me on which computer with its location the problem occurs.
Special request: If you see any errors in this web site, especially 404, PLEASE let me know how you got to it. Try your method again to see if the error is repeatable then tell me where it is and how you found it.
Please note: This is the default location to which you will be sent should you encounter a broken link. There are about 120 links to be repaired due to a server change. They are all broken and I am fixing them as I find them.
Here is an example:
Note the three changes. Many times you can see the link, make the changes and get to where the link was supposed to send you.
I would appreciate it if you would report these to me as soon as you can that I may repair the problem.
Oppa Gangnam Style