All of my courses have seven components:
- This web site which explains the course policies and the assignments.
- Moodle where your grades are reported and your assignments are submitted.
- The Moodle forum where you can ask questions, get answers, and generate conversation 24/7.
- In-Class Work where we will explore and build major projects that will be handed in through Moodle after every class.
- Weekly Questions as thought-provoking and research-based concepts found, and handed in, through Moodle. Hand in a mental download during class and your refined versions before midterm. One each week for the first 6 weeks of the course.
- Homework and Moodle worksheets due weekly from the book and handed in through Moodle.
- A term project to be done in class, and as homework,during the second half of the course.
Links to help understand the course:
How to Buy the book cheap!
Before the first day of class Get an early start.
The General Syllabus: policies, descriptions, and grading policy.
Syllabus of Classwork What to expect in class.
Syllabus/explanation of the Homework.
How to Survive this course. This philosophy and practice will help you in all of your other courses as well.
DO NOT WAIT until the next class to report something. It is a waste time and you will have to compete with other students for my time especially at the beginning of class.
Last but not least: Report Problems, don’t just live with them. This goes especially for computer issues in class or anywhere on campus. Report anything is not working as expected: mouse missing, computer not booting, system going into reset, screen problems, missing or malfunctioning software, ANYTHING.
The wonderful people in the IT department will usually get it repaired or replaced within 24 hours but they won’t know to fix it unless someone reports it. When reporting to me, please spell out what is happening (or not happening) and tell me on which computer with its location the problem occurs.
Special request: If you see any errors in this web site, especially 404, PLEASE let me know how you got to it. Try your method again to see if the error is repeatable then tell me where it is and how you found it.
Oppa Gangnam Style